FIRST STEPS TO TAKE AFTER AN
AUTO ACCIDENT OR CAR ACCIDENT
Auto accident involves a lot of process to deal with, In case you are involved in a auto accident or car accident, the first priority is dealing with urgent medical issues for you and or your passengers.
Once you’ve taken care of yourself, try to obtain as much information as you can from the other party.
We recommend that you:
- Do not admit fault for the accident even if you think you might be partially at fault and do not make any statements to any insurance company representatives.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Although you think you may feel fine or that your injuries aren’t serious, some symptoms particularly headaches and dizziness and soft tissue discomfort may appear in the days following the auto accident. If you wait too long to seek medical attention the insurance company will argue that this delay is evidence that you really were not injured.
- Take photographs. Since most people have a smart phone this is easy even though five years ago and more it was unusual to see parties photograph their vehicles at the scene. Try to take photographs before the vehicles get moved. Also it is important that you take photographs of your injuries, some injuries will heal quickly so the quicker you take a photograph on your phone or other digital camera the easier it is to document the injury.
- Take detailed notes regarding your injuries and regarding the auto accident and try to obtain as much information as you can about the witnesses including their telephone numbers and addresses. There may be individuals in the car that hit you so it is important that you get their names and addresses too. Obviously if they don’t want to release that information you cannot force them to, but at least make the effort.
Inspect the accident site for any potential dangerous conditions such as an intersection with poor visibility or inadequate lighting, problems with the traffic lights malfunctioning or stop signs that may not be clearly visible. There may have been a number of prior accidents at the intersection or location where the accident occurred, if so, it may be a case where a dangerous condition of public property may be a contributing factor in the accident.
- Speak to a auto accident or car accident lawyer as soon as you can because having experienced, knowledgeable representation is the best way to make certain that your rights are protected. This may seem obvious but get the insurance policy information, the driver’s license number and information, the license plate and make and model of the cars involved in the accident.
Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. Many auto accidents or car accidents are the result of inattention and distracted drivers. We all see people driving today that are texting and talking on their cell phones. This is a very dangerous practice and unfortunately people will continue to do this even though the evidence is clear that talking on a cell phone while driving is just as dangerous as being impaired.
We represent injured persons in different auto accidents such as car accidents, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, taxi and limousine accidents. Even if you do not have insurance or think that you may be not entitled to make a damage claim because you do not have a driver’s license, if you’re not at fault and you are injured you have the right to pursue a claim. Even if you are partially at fault you still have that right. Call me today and I can explain these rights to you.
You will need an experienced attorney to help you claim fair compensation from the insurance company and from the negligent party if you are injured in an auto accident.
Insurance companies earn their income from premiums and attempt to pay out as little as possible when claims are filed with them. The insurance company will try to minimize your claim by arguing that there is not much of an injury to justify compensation without much damage to the car.
People can be seriously injured from very minor impacts. They can sometimes even walk away without a scratch in major rollover accidents. However, medical tests and clinical examinations may reveal more serious injuries than the accident victim may have initially realized.
If you are seriously injured, a lawyer can help you to obtain the compensation that you deserve either from the adverse insurance company or from your own insurance company when the other party is uninsured or underinsured.
If the negligent party does not have insurance, you may make a claim against your own insurance company. You should not make statements to your insurance company and avoid giving a recorded statement to any adjuster. Our firm advises clients to state that they are consulting with lawyers and that they do not want to make a statement.
A car accident or auto accident attorney job is to obtain the maximum benefit for his client. The Law Office of Peter Goldstein has many years’ experience dealing with these claims.
The Law Office of Peter Goldstein may be able to get you compensation for medical bills, lost wages, future medical bills, future lost wages, lost earning capacity, property damage, and court costs.
Our firm also obtains compensation for your pain and suffering, anxiety, inconvenience, stress, and loss of quality of life that you have experienced as a result of the accident.
Damages for pain and suffering involve a qualitative analysis of how your life has been affected. As your personal injury attorney, Peter Goldstein will be on your side to get you full and fair compensation.
Inquire whether or not the other driver was driving in the course and scope of his employment. The employer may be held liable for the accident if the uninsured person was doing an errand for his employer at the time of the accident.
Check your own insurance coverage for an uninsured motorist policy that will compensate you when the other driver does not have insurance of his own.
We ask that you bring the declaration page of your insurance policy, a field investigation card to obtain the police report, photographs , car repair estimates or invoices if available. We will order all your medical records and medical bills after the initial consultation. If you are in Nevada, the investigating officer will provide a receipt containing the traffic identification information which our firm will use to obtain the report, but no documentation is absolutely required for the initial consultation.
Years of proven experience are important when choosing a lawyer. Many lawyers market their services by declaring on billboards and TV how they are supposedly the ‘number one trial lawyer in Las Vegas’ or how they will get you the quickest settlement. But a quick settlement is not always in your best interest. It takes years of trial experience to know the value of a case and likelihood of success.
Aside from experience, you will also want to ascertain whether you would be comfortable working with the attorney and whether you would be dealing directly with the lawyer or with a member of his staff.
Peter Goldstein has over 30 years of personal injury experience in California and Nevada. We encourage you to call us to schedule a free consultation to determine how we can help you. Peter Goldstein personally oversees every aspect of the case in order to provide you the best result.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION ON
AUTO ACCIDENT OR CAR ACCIDENT
Fill out the form below to recieve a free and confidential intial consultation.